Spray Adjuvants: Utility Products
SCREEN IT sun protectant and anti-transpirant is a unique proprietary blend of long chain fatty alcohols and their ethoxylates that coat plant and leaf surfaces to reflect heat energy thereby reducing transpiration rates. SCREEN IT protects plants from abiotic stresses like extreme temperatures and sun exposure by dissipating excess heat and moderating solar radiation to keep plants at optimal temperatures for heat and sun damage protection. SCREEN IT has unique UV absorption properties that aid in the prevention of sun scald of leaves, tissues and fruit. SCREEN IT lowers canopy temperatures to reduce heat and water stress, and when used, many crops have shown improved fruit color, less russeting, sunburn, and cracking resulting in improved crop quality. SCREEN IT does not affect normal gaseous exchange of plant tissue.
- Many crops have shown improved fruit color, less russeting, sunburn, and cracking resulting in improved crop quality.
- Reflects heat energy
- Lowers canopy temperatures to reduce water stress and heat stress
- Reduces sun scald
- Absorbs UV light and moderates solar radiation
- Stable emulsion; low foaming
- Excellent coverage and coating properties
- Mixes easily with no visible residue
- Apply prior to anticipated heat events for protection without affecting normal gaseous exchange of plants.
- Maintain coverage throughout periods of high heat.
- For sunburn/sun scald protection, apply SCREEN IT to burn- or scald-prone fruit, leaves, or limb and bark surfaces before conditions conducive to sunburn occur.
- When initiating sprays for sunburn or sunscald protection where there have been no previous sprays, begin sprays after early fruit formation and provide thorough coverage to all fruit or other surfaces with one or two full rate applications one week apart.
- Depending upon the length of high heat period, additional applications may be necessary at 7 to 21 day intervals.
- Refer to label for use rates.