Tobacco Sucker Controls: Systemic
Check MH15 is a systemic liquid growth retardant used to prevent sucker development in Burley, Flue-Cured, Dark, Maryland and Cigar Tobacco. Check MH15 is a potassium salt formulation of Maleic Hydrazide with a prescribed emulsifier/surfactant system. Because Check MH15 is absorbed and moves inside the tobacco plant, spraying the whole plant is not necessary. Best results are obtained when Check MH15 is applied to the upper 1/3 to 1/2 of the plant. To obtain satisfactory control, it is important to apply equal amounts to each plant at the correct time. Check MH15 contains 1.5 pounds Maleic Hydrazide equivalent per gallon.
- A systemic liquid growth retardant used to prevent sucker development
- Apply to the upper 1/3 to 1/2 of the plant for best results. Spraying the whole plant is not necessary.
- Apply Check MH15 at the rate of 1 quart per 1000 plants per acre (or 1.5 gallons per 6000 plants per acre) when tip leaves are 16-18 inches long.
- Only one application is permitted unless the first application is washed off by rain.
Wash off recommendation:
0-4 Hours – Reapply full rate
4-10 Hours – Reapply ½ rate
More than 10 Hours – No reapplication is needed
- Note: Applying Matrixx with Check MH15 at 1 pint per 100 gallons of water cuts rainfast time from 10 hours to 3 hours